I love peanut butter! It has slowly replaced chocolate in my life. I use to have serious chocolate cravings but now when I need a quick "sweets" fix, I just eat a spoonful of peanut butter and all is good. So when I get a chance to add peanut butter to my breakfast I am a happy girl.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie
While you need to be careful of the amount of sugar in your peanut butter, you do not need to be careful of what's in this smoothie!
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk (you can use any kind)
- 1/2 Cup Oatmeal
- 1 - 2 Scoops of Protein Powder (vanilla or chocolate) *optional
- 1 Cup frozen Strawberries
- 1 Heaping Tablespoon of Nut Butter (almond, peanut, cashew, sunflower, any kind)
- Water for desired texture
Toss all the ingredients into the blender and whip up tasty and filling breakfast. By adding the protein powder this smoothie turns into a meal coming in at around 400-600 calories depending on the powder, so make sure you eat this early in your day and follow it up with some sweat inducing exercise! If you want to leave it out or only add one scoop, go for it. Peanut butter jelly time!!!